20 Questions: Drum roll please Professor Koenig
1. What is something about you that most people don't know?
That I was born in New York, or that I will be 65 this May.
2. If you were on a deserted island and could only bring one item or person with you, what would it be?
Person: My wife
Thing: My drumset.
3. What is your greatest indulgence?
My music -- from my instruments to my collection.
4. What was your favourite television show of all time?
Tie: “Buffy” and “Gilmore Girls.”
5. Who is your favourite band/group/musician?
6. What is the best piece of advice you've ever received?
Get an education for itself. Worry about the job stuff later.
7. Who is your role model?
Many: From my parents, who brought me up to be me, to my musical heroes Charles Mingus and Max Roach.
8. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose to live?
Probably stay in Southern Ontario, but would love to change the climate.
9. What was your first job?
Delivering orders for a local grocery store in the Bronx.
10. What is your dream job?
The one I have comes pretty close.
11. What would your last meal be?
Course one: Poached fish in cream with a Chardonnay.
Course two: Pasta with Pesto with a cote du Rhone.
Main: Braised lamb leg with rosemary with a Burgundy
Dessert: Chocolate mousse
12. What stresses you out?
Students who don't hand in assignments on time or who don't follow instructions.
13. Do you consider yourself a risk taker? If so, what is the biggest risk you've taken?
Yes. Probably picking up and moving to London.
14. If you could foresee the outcome of one event or moment in your life, what would it be?
Will my next book be published?
15. What is your favourite drink?
16. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I have worked pretty hard to be me, but one can always learn to be more tolerant of others, especially if the differences are significant.
17. What actor would you choose to play you in a movie?
I have no idea, but for me the director would be more important.
1. My aesthetics text get published
2. A world tour 3. Peace in the mid east
19. Do you believe in love at first sight?
That has not been my experience.
20. When and where was your last vacation?
This past spring break in Cuba.