Fanshawe celebrates International Week
The hard working staff at International services have been working strenuously to ensure students, staff and faculty receive the right amount of information and of course a great time just in time to celebrate International Education and Training at it's finest.
The focus this year is on career opportunities in global humanitarian agencies.
The list of festivities for iWeek is as follows:
- International Foods will be served daily in F-Hallway starting at 11:30-1:30 pm.
- February 3: International Talent Showcase is an interactive open event for all members of the Fanshawe community. Starts 8:30 pm.
- February 4: Tasks by Disaster work professional from Canadian Red Cross. 1:30-3:00 pm in SC2014
- Also on February 4 a keynote speaker Jean Marc Hachey's “How to build a resume”. Starts at 10-12 in the Alumni Lounge and 1:30-3 pm in D1060.
- February 5: A Caribbean Pub Night @ 9 pm at the Out Back Shack. Event is hosted by the International Club
- February 6: Brand new Internationalization Strategy Planning. Faculty and staff to attend one of three short 50-minute barnstorming sessions. Purpose: To see where Fanshawe College will be in five years time. Sessions will be held starting at 9 am in (T2002), at 12 pm in (T1002), and at 3 pm in (T1002).
Throughout iWeek dancers and musicians from all over the globe will be in the hallways; so don't be surprised if you hear them on your way to class.
The purpose of iWeek is to inspire all individuals to think big when it comes to career development.