FSU newsletterThe FSUs email newsletter contains updates on current events, contests and much more!
Text FSU to 71441 to opt-in to our text messaging service. We send texts out (usually 1 per week) about FSU news, events and contests.
FSU Strategic Direction 2016-17
Download PDF version
The FSU is an organization committed to excellence in service and student support within the diverse student community of Fanshawe College.
Objectives & Outcomes
The executive team has established a four-pillar structure for the objectives and outcomes for the 2016-2017 academic year, which includes: continuity, collaboration, communication, and community.
- Ensure visible and transparent business practices, and establish and maintain new and ongoing student services
- Perform extensive governance and by-law restructuring, with a shift towards a new policy-driven governance structure
- Review and revise policies, and set dates for future policy review
- Research, develop, and launch a Bike Share Program on campus to promote wellness and sustainability
- Demonstrate a trend towards increasing and improving sustainability initiatives
- Increase diversity and inclusivity of diverse groups of students on campus
- Presence and participation on the Fanshawe Alumni board and college-wide committees and councils
- Develop a partnership with Western University (USC) to collaborate on municipal issues affecting local students; develop partnerships with regional campuses and other student associations
- Improve student engagement through clubs and an updated clubs policy; collaborate with clubs on day-to-day activities and events
- Increase focus on student volunteerism in the class representative program, Fanshawe Promotions Team, and other volunteer groups within the FSU organization
- Communicate and collaborate with residence advisors and staff on a regular basis
- Provide team and organizational motivation, as well as professional development opportunities
- Increase use and promotion of online events calendar with membership
- Develop innovative marketing and promotion techniques and best practices
- Increase student presence on social media content
- Increase the number of initiatives with the Communications department and Interrobang student newspaper
- Increase executive and SAC attendance at events
- Set an annual fundraising goal of $10,000 for charities
- Shift towards the improvement of London and the Fanshawe community through advocacy initiatives, and presence and participation on City of London councils, committees, and events
- Advocate for more on-campus employment opportunities for students
- Provide membership with intelligent programming (edutainment)
Role of Student Administrative Council
The Student Administrative Council (SAC) will review this document during training to ensure all goals and objectives fit within the direction of the FSU. SAC will approve this document annually, with changes made each year to reflect the current realities of the organization and the needs of its membership. SAC will evaluate its success in furthering these directions at the end of the year, prior to the adoption of the new strategic direction.
Role of Staff
Staff will be presented with the strategic direction of the FSU prior to September 1st, 2016. Staff will act as support for students and student leaders in achieving these objectives set forth.