FSU newsletterThe FSUs email newsletter contains updates on current events, contests and much more!
Text FSU to 71441 to opt-in to our text messaging service. We send texts out (usually 1 per week) about FSU news, events and contests.
FSU Strategic Direction 2020-2021
Download PDF version
“The FSU is an organization committed to excellence in service and student support within the diverse student
community of Fanshawe College.”
Objectives & Outcomes
The executive team has established a four-pillar structure for the objectives and outcomes for the 2020-2021
academic year, which includes: continuity, collaboration, communication, and community.
- Ensure and maintain new and ongoing student services
- Review and revise policies, and set dates for future policy review
- Improve and sustain mental health initiatives
- Increase inclusivity of diverse student groups on campus
- Presence and participation on college-wide committees and councils
- Develop a partnership with Western University (USC) to collaborate on municipal issues affecting local
students; develop partnerships with regional campuses and other student associations
- Improve student engagement in all FSU events and activities
- Communicate and collaborate with residence advisors and staff on a regular basis
- Provide team and organizational motivation, as well as professional development opportunities
- Increase communication with students from both FSU student leaders and staff
- Increase use and promotion of online events calendar with membership
- Develop innovative marketing and promotion techniques and best practices
- Increase student presence on social media content
- Encourage FSU student leaders and staff to get involved in activities and events
- Fundraise and raise awareness for local charities
- Advocate for more on-campus employment opportunities for students
- Provide membership with inclusive and responsible entertainment
Role of Student Administrative Council
The Student Administrative Council (SAC) will review this document during training to ensure all goals and
objectives fit within the direction of the FSU. SAC will approve this document annually, with changes made each
year to reflect the current realities of the organization and the needs of its membership. SAC will evaluate its
success in furthering these directions at the end of the year, prior to the adoption of the new strategic direction.
Role of Staff
Staff will be presented with the strategic direction of the FSU prior to September 1st, 2020. Staff will act as support
for students and student leaders in achieving these objectives set forth.