Contact the individuals listed to inquire about external volunteer opportunities.
If you are a part of an organization that would like to be listed, please send an email to Greta Robertson at firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of your organization and what type of volunteer opportunities you have to offer Fanshawe students, as well as your preferred method of contact for potential student volunteers.
Alliance for African Women Initiative (AFAWI)
The Arthritis Society
BGC London (formerly the Boys & Girls Club of London)
Nicole (Nikki) Pariseau
BGC London (the Boys and Girls Club of London) is a community organization that provides activities for children and youth whenever school is out, and during the day for older adults 55 and over. We provide safe, supportive places where children, youth, and seniors can experience new opportunities, overcome barriers, build positive relationships, and develop confidence and skills for life. Learn about our volunteer opportunities - bgclondon.ca/volunteer
Big Brothers Big Sisters of London and Area
Canadian Cancer Society - CIBC Run for the Cure
Canadian Latin American Association
Community Living Ontario
Community Living Ontario - Student Links Mentoring Program
We match high school student who have a disability with a mentor in their community who share a common interest. Often college students in a certain filed love to share what they are learning with a student who might not otherwise have the opportunity to explore their field. Our mentorships are flexible in terms of timing, length of match, activities - they all depend on the mentor and students.
Crohn's and Colitis Canada
Habitat for Humanity Heartland Ontario
We offer flexible volunteer opportunities on active build sites and in our ReStore locations. ReStore shifts are available Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
A world where everyone has a safe and decent place to live.
To mobilize volunteers and partners in providing opportunities for families to achieve affordable and sustainable home ownership as a means of breaking the cycle of poverty and strengthening communities.
Heart & Stroke Foundation
Henley Place Long Term Care Home
Kensal Park Soccer - A League Of Our Own
Learning Disabilities Association London Region
London Public Library
London Youth Advisory Council
March of Dimes Canada
March of Dimes Canadas mission is to maximize the independence, personal empowerment, and community participation of people with disabilities. Dedicated volunteers help March of Dimes Canada to become a national leader in the provision of programs and services for this growing community. Our vision is to create an inclusive society for everyone.
March of Dimes Canada offers a range of volunteer opportunities to get involved, no matter how much time you have, or the skills you are looking to share. We provide an engaging, flexible environment where volunteers are empowered and appreciated. Below are just a few of the opportunities we offer.
- Hi, Tech! Volunteer.
- In the time of COVID-19, the knowledge of digital technology is critical in helping people with disabilities to stay connected with their loved ones, and members of their community or participate in different activities. Hi,Tech! volunteers are matched with clients to provide them with remote assistance to solve their challenges with understanding, accessing, and using tech at a beginner level.
- After Stroke Chapter, Member at Large.
- After Stroke Chapters play an important role in supporting stroke survivors in communities across Canada. In the Chapters, stroke survivors will find a space for learning about recovery, gathering resources, and socializing with other people in similar situations who share common experiences. Members at large support activities organized by the local chapter, attend meetings, and provide a welcoming environment for members.
- Connect and Share Volunteer
- The COVID-19 contingency is having a negative impact on the already high levels of social isolation that people with disabilities experience in their communities. Connect and Share volunteers will be matched with one of our participants (adults with disabilities, stroke survivors, and caregivers) for virtual social activities.
Meadow Park London
The New World Community
Single Women in Motherhood Training Program
Special Olympics Ontario - London
Special Olympics Ontario - London provides sports opportunities for people with Intellectual Disabilities. In London, there is 18 different sports and 43 sports clubs at various levels to accommodate athletes of various ability levels. Volunteers help the organization as coaches as well as team managing, fundraising, referee, etc. Interested students, can contact Armand Marchand at email@example.com
United Way Elgin Middlesex
Westmount Gardens Long Term Care
Volunteers are a vital part of the Westmount Gardens LTC team who help enrich the lives of our residents. Even though current Covid restrictions prevent us from having volunteers in our home right now, we are still taking applications. We can complete screening, mandatory requirements and training to get you ready for when we can welcome volunteers back! For more information, email Volunteer Coordinator Diane Bancroft at firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth Wellness Hub Action Coalition